I put the “Geese in the Forest” Quilt aside for a tiny bit because I had an idea for an i-spy quilt running through my brain. I have tons of novelty squares that I won from a giveaway on Megan’s blog and I am supplementing with some of my own. I will admit, most novelty prints are traditional and aren’t quite my style, so I wanted to find a way to make the prints feel more modern. I decided to do “squares in squares” with a coordinating polka dot fabric around each picture to frame it.
The blocks are all improvized and I am not sure exactly how they will all come together as a quilt yet.
Option One. I could sash the blocks in white:
Option two. No sashing at all:
I am really torn. I really like option one with the sashing, but I also want to fit a lot of different pictures on the quilt for Liam to “spy”. This is one quilt that doesn’t need to be done for quite awhile, so I think I’ll just keep amassing squares and figure it out later. Suggestions are always welcome!