It’s time to assess the year, people! How did you do with your crafting? What are your goals for next year?
My highlights of 2012:
• In July, I jumped back into blogging. I renamed my blog, gave it a design overhaul (thank you Jennie, for the beautiful, new, header!) and I TRY to post regularly.
• I participated in blog hops for the first time. I made many new friends through “The Let’s Get Acquainted Blog Hop” with Beth, “Sew Seasonal Blog Hop” with Alyce and Kristy and the “Travelling Picstitch Blog Hop” with Laura .
• In November, I won for the category of best ROYGBIV Quilt in the Blogger’s Quilt Festival.
• I started sewing for Robert Kaufman, which I will say is totally my dream job. I get paid to quilt AND I can do it from home (usually while rockin’ my jammies!)
What’s up for 2013:
• I’m going to be teaching a class on making a Scrappy Lone Star Quilt at Sew Modern in January! I’m really excited to jump back into the world of teaching!
• Beginning January 8th, I will be hosting a linky party each Tuesday called “Sew Cute Tuesday”. Make sure you stop by and link up what you’ve been sewing!
• I’m busy working on a pattern for the spring issue of Fat Quarterly Magazine.
• My “Birds Fly Over the Rainbow” mini made it into the Quitcon show! I won’t be able to attend in 2013, but at least a part of me can be there.
I’m hoping to continue posting tutorials, participating in blog hops and making new quilty friends over the next year! I’d love to keep expanding the blog and maybe look into sponsors, but I am taking everything slow. My kids come first right now and I am trying to find balance between sewing, blogging, and being an attentive mommy.
What do you have planned for 2013?