The only project I managed to work on this week was my Lone Star Quilt for my MQG challenge. I just have to bind it, but I’m not going to show the entire quilt until after the meeting on Monday. I’m hoping to get a tutorial up soon after that. I never knew a Lone Star could be so easy!
Here is a sneak peak with the quilting:
I have been busy catching up on my blog entries and I finally sat down and made a list of every project I have in the works. I was a little shocked when I had 12 items on the list! Uh, Gemini, anyone?
Here are a few:
1. Vintage Sheet Quilting Bee blocks using the “Bedtime Stories’ block tutorial from Fat Quarterly.
2. Denyse Schmidt “Single Girl” Quilt using “Katie Jump Rope” fabric and Essex Linen in Natural.
I REALLY need to finish this one someday, because I took a year collecting that Katie Jump Rope fabric and then cut it all up!
3. I-Spy Quilt
I made about 20 or so blocks and never got any further. It was supposed to be a picnic quilt for Liam, but I think I may finish up what I have and either gift it to the next baby that is born, or give it to charity.
4. Wonky House Quilt
I’m really excited about this one. The ladies from “Bee Happy” made these blocks for me and I think my kids are going to love it. I certainly do! I adore all the fussy cutting.
5. Christmas Tree Skirt using pattern from Fat Quarterly.
I started this one LAST December and never finished. I WILL get it done by December 25th!
I haven’t touched these since the day I gave birth to my almost 3 year-old son. I have 24 7″ blocks. I may sash them and also give it to charity.
Also on my list:
7.Bee Blocks! (those are #1 after the MQG Challenge quilt)
8. Quilt for Yolanda’s grandchild. She is sending my a Jelly Roll, so I may use Jay Bird Quilt’s “Unwind” pattern. I was given the pattern as a gift (Thanks, Alison!) and I am eager to make it.
9. Fab Little Quilt Swap : we just got our partners!
10. Geese In the Forest Quilt: Still hand-quilting it. That’s going to take me a LONG time.
11. Quilt using Jeni Baker’s Fat Quarter Shop Bundle. This is a surprise for someone.
12. Tutorial for Lily’s Quilts. Stay tuned for that!
Only a couple projects have an actual due date. What kind of quilter would I be, though, if I wasn’t working on a dozen things at a time!
• • •
I’m linking up with Freshly Pieced today for WIP Wednesday. Check out what everyone else is working on.