I’ve been using up my Architextures fabric, bit by bit, in just about every project I’ve made this year, so I decided that I should finally make my Architextures quilt, before I use up all the fabric!
I designed this on Sunday:
Cut it out Monday:
And finished up the top on Tuesday:
The top measures 60″x 80″ and I used ALMOST every Architextures print. I am going to use the last two on the binding and back. I don’t think I’ve ever loved a fabric line this much. I am going to cry and observe a moment of silence when I use it all up.
I like to design the quilt first and decide how (and if) it can be made later. I’m often not even sure if my design will work, as I’m drawing it, but this one turned out to be super simple (though it doesn’t look it). I’ll post a free pattern once I work out a few kinks!
Here was my original 3-color design, and I think that would make a pretty cool quilt, too!
Linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced