I’m finally getting work done on another one of my long-time unfinished quilts. I’m really trying to finish all of them up, before starting anything new.
I started this Single Girl Quilt (which is a pattern by Denyse Schmidt) two years ago, just before my daughter was born. I spent months collecting all the out of stock “Katie Jump Rope” prints and finally decided to cut them up for this quilt and put them on a natural linen background. When I had my daughter, I put the quilt away and there is sat for a long time.
When I was cataloging all my unfinished projects, I decided that I was terribly bored with it and I was trying to think of ways to make it more interesting. I already had all the arches cut and pieced and some of the squares were done. I REALLY wanted to make a low-volume quilt with lots of text prints and textured linens, so it suddenly came to me that I could do a scrappy background on this quilt and kill two birds with one stone (finish a WIP and make a low-volume quilt).
I have half of the blocks finished and I wasn’t sure how it would look, but I am loving it! Once this quilt is finished (and the “Geese in the Forest Quilt” I am quilting), I only have one more unfinished quilt to complete!
I thought you would like to see the conditions I work under when I photograph my quilts. I had exactly one minute to get a few photos before this happened:
Linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced