So, it’s kinda my blogiversary! Well, at least the closest I can figure.
“Better Off Thread” was created last July, but I originally started blogging in October 2008 at “Sew Girly!”. “Sew Girly!” imploded when I tried to update my very antiquated version of WordPress, but luckily I was able to move the posts over to my new blog. Every subscriber and blog friendship I have is from these past 12 months, though, and you are all so supportive and amazing!
It has been a very exciting year:
- My family moved back to Los Angeles.
- I started sewing for Robert Kaufman Fabrics.
- I taught my first quilting class at Sew Modern and have enjoyed teaching there several times.
- My Wonky Star Tutorial was posted at Sew, Mama, Sew.
- I published my first 2 quilting patterns at Craftsy.
- My Kite Flight Pattern will available at Robert Kaufman on August 1st and they are hosting an accompanying quilt-along.
- I became a Moda Bakeshop Chef (pattern will be available in August).
- My “No Strings Attached” Quilt will be published in the next issue of Fat Quarterly Magazine.
Whew! It’s been a busy year and I don’t see it slowing down anytime soon.
I feel guilty that I’ve been so busy lately and I haven’t been able to reply to everybody’s sweet comments. I do read them all and each one puts a smile on my face. I wanted to do something to give back to my readers, so I’ve decided to have a little giveaway to celebrate “Better off Thread” and all of you!
I’m going to make a mini quilt for a reader based on your inspiration. I loved when Elizabeth at “Oh Fransson” did this for her readers back in 2010. The resulting quilt was so much fun.
All you need to do is leave a short comment below stating what you would like the inspiration for your quilt to be (example comments might be “Wizard of Oz”, “The New York Skyline”, “My one-eyed dog, Spot”…anything goes!. Next week, I’ll pick one comment and make a quilt for that reader.
Thank you for all for being so supportive and I can’t wait to hear your ideas!